We aim to meet once per month. We will be available for ~30 minutes before the meeting if you wish to drop by without attending the meeting.
Attendance is free currently as low cost support is a core belief of TALK Hong Kong.
04 Apr 2023
19:30 – 20:30
Survivors’ Support Group
This peer led meeting is for women / femme survivors of childhood sexual abuse or sexual assault that happened when you were an adult. You must be 18 years or older.
What will we
Meetings are structured similar to many established peer support group’s Sharing Meetings. We will come together to listen and learn from each other with kindness.
- Share the current impact of our experiences on our lives
- Process feelings and think through healthy coping skills
- Identify healthy boundaries for ourselves
- Practical considerations such as suggestions for venues, how we wish to organize our meetings together, scheduling, etc.
Talking is a big decision and it’s important to build a support network for yourself. You might benefit from having a list on hand for moments when you feel overwhelmed and want to seek support – a prepared go to list of people you can talk to who are trustworthy, supportive, and positive.
Let’s have empathy and consideration for our fellows be our guide.
- These meetings are exclusively for survivors of childhood sexual abuse or sexual assault that happened when you were an adult and may not be attended by those who are abusing others.
- Do not compare your experiences with others in a way that minimizes their (or your own) experiences. Whatever is the worst thing that happened to you, is the worst thing that happened to you and your pain is valid.
- Be aware that people around you will be at different stages of their healing and our goal is to provide positive and calming support, not to retraumatize each other.
- Do not pressure anyone to provide contact details or other personal information so that people may maintain their anonymity if they choose.
- What you hear in meetings is told in confidence and should not be repeated outside this group.
- Attend meetings sober of drugs and alcohol.
- Arrive on time in consideration of other members who may be in the middle of sharing.