What will we
Meetings are structured similar to many established peer support group’s Sharing Meetings. We will come together to listen and learn from each other without passing judgement on what has been shared.
- Share experiences and recognizing we are not alone
- Understand the current impact of our experiences on our lives
- Process feelings and think through healthy coping skills
- Identify healthy boundaries for ourselves
- Practical considerations such as suggestions for venues, how we wish to organize our meetings together, scheduling, etc.
Talking is a big decision and it’s important to build a support network for yourself. You might benefit from having a list on hand for moments when you feel overwhelmed and want to seek support – a prepared go to list of people you can talk to who are trustworthy, supportive, and positive.