Last Updated: 14 July 2021
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses;
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual from which that person can be identified;
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit), which may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data; and
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
When you visit our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data. This Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data includes postal address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website; and
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and resources available on it.
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not collect any sensitive Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data) on our Website. Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
NB: Any Information of a sensitive or personal nature that you share in a meeting is neither recorded nor shared beyond the confines of the meeting and is kept in strictest of confidence. Security cameras at venues used for meetings are for security purposes only and are not used to make audio recordings.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Website.
When you access the Website by desktop, laptop or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser that you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
This website uses Google such as Maps and Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. For further information about Google’s privacy please visit http://www.google.com/privacy.html
Use of Your Personal Data
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your subscription to our Website;
- To send you meeting notices, news and articles from TALK Hong Kong; and
- To manage your requests and to attend and manage your requests to Us.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed in Hong Kong. We store your Personal Data on secure servers hosted on cloud platforms by companies (SiteGround and MailChimp) operating outside of Hong Kong but otherwise do not transfer your Personal Data outside of Hong Kong.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal obligation;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website or our activities;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; or
- Protect against any legal liability we might face.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us. We and our service provider in Singapore have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those members of our team who have a need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party websites or associated services.
You have the right to access certain Personal Data held about you and correct any inaccuracies. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data or to exercise any of the other rights.
You also have the right to raise a complaint about our processing with the Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data or requisite data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach any data protection regulator so please contact us in the first instance.
You have the right to withdraw consent to receiving our newsletter at any time by contacting us. You can do so, either at the point We collect Personal Data from you or at any time after We have collected and used your Personal Data for such purposes.